Monday, April 7, 2008

The I Heart Revolution


Current mood: intrusive(into my own thoughts)
Listening to the new Hillsong: The I Heart Revolution
Spent the day cleaning and washing clothes, you would be surprised by just how many clothes you wear in a week. Completely pointless to everyone but me, i know but whatever. So giving a lot of thought about getting back involved in the Childrens Ministry at our Church. I know that i serve a purpose at my job but i do not feel as though i am doing enough for the Kingdom. I know works do not save me but "faith without works is dead". See for me i am comfortable, content, happy i mean at time even joyous. I have ups and downs and am in know way claiming to be perfect, as you can read in a few posts below i am very capable of being a jerk.(sorry again rae). I could sit back and coast the rest of my life all the way to the grave. I think that my heart is telling me to stop coasting. I am not talking about moving to another country even though i would love to, i am talking about my my neighbor or the guy or girl waiting on my table or the kids in my church that are bombarded by the world mon-sat. I confess first off that a lot of the times i am a poor picture of the love of Christ but i am telling you that i will be dying to myself and diong a better job in the future. The thought that sparked this is this: what if i am all "they"(the kids, the neighbor, or waitress) get? Would it be enough to convince them that there is a real God who loved and died for them? I will strive to be that Love! Peace. JP

2 comments:

Holly said...

If it is any consulation, this is the person I last saw, sometime last year (wanting to reach out to others and make a difference), and at that time you displayed a very content, and couldn't be happier in the way things were going in your life. I know you made a difference and a huge turn around in my life.

Keith & Stacey said...

I definitely think that you belong back in the Children's Ministry. God has given you an amazing gift and desire, so why are you not using it? You have the ability to shape the foundation of hundreds of children...so start making a difference!

I love you very much...and I can't wait for Brios this Sunday. I think that I convinced dad to come down, so it will be a good day!